A Unified Voice for Brewers and Their Allies
Today's brewers operate not only in a competitive marketplace, but in a complex public policy environment as well. Legislative, regulatory, and social challenges can directly affect brewers' day-to-day business activities and their outlook for the future.
Membership in Beer Institute gives brewers the opportunity to work together to maintain a progressive business environment for the future.
As the unifying force in promoting beer industry interests, Beer Institute helps brewers and their allies operate freely and grow responsibly in today's challenging legislative, regulatory and legal environment.
- Outreach to key members of Congress
- Industry liaison to such regulatory agencies as Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Health and Human Services, and Federal Trade Commission
- Joint Legislative Conference with National Beer Wholesalers Association
- Brewers Almanac-An annual compilation of industry statistics, economic contributions, financial data and other industry information
- Package Mix Report-Information showing estimated package mix in each state (draught, cans, nonreturnable and refillable bottles) ¥ Assessments of the industry's economic contributions to the nation and states
- Monthly import and export reports
- State monthly sales estimates
- Beer Institute Annual Meeting-An opportunity for brewers, suppliers and others working in the brewing industry to discuss issues
- Coordinating the efforts of industry attorneys and providing legal support wherever appropriate
- Communication materials such as quarterly Beer Institute Bulletin newsletter
A vocal minority of critics continue to use misleading science and slanted polling data to call for unwarranted restrictions on the beer industry. More than ever, brewers and their allies must join together to communicate to policymakers, opinion leaders and the media the facts about the industry, its issues and the significant progress that has been made in the fight against alcohol abuse.
The volatile legislative and regulatory environment in which the industry operates requires a unified, focused effort to effect change that benefits the entire brewing industry. By steering consensus and speaking with one voice before federal and state legislatures, executive branch agencies and in legal proceedings, Beer Institute can help sustain a positive environment in which brewers and their allies do business.
Besides giving brewers a strong, credible voice in Washington, Beer Institute provides a variety of services to help brewers succeed. The Institute's advisory committees provide member companies with a forum to discuss public policy issues affecting our industry and receive feedback on the results of industry programs. Beer Institute also helps foster more effective relationships within the industry through the Beer Industry Council, a coalition that includes brewer associations, wholesale associations, retail associations and allied industry groups. This coalition promotes unified action and improved communication and cooperation.
Beer Institute is also the leading source for research and information in the brewing industry. Working with brewers, suppliers, consultants and others, Beer Institute provides data and analyses on such matters as taxation, agricultural product supplies, domestic and export sales, trends in per capita consumption and advertising expenditures, and various social indicators.