Beer Potato Salad
Blend mayonnaise, sour cream and beer. Toss lightly with potatoes, onion and celery. Garnish with crumbled bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill for three hours for a summer delight or place in slow oven (275 degrees) for 20 minutes to accompany a winter supper.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup beer
- 6 cups cooked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt & pepper to taste
Glazed Carrots and Oranges
Prepare carrots as directed on package using butter and beer. At the last minute, add oranges and stir well together. Reheat, if necessary .
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen carrots in brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons beer
- 1 (12 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
Makes 6 servings.
Slice tops from tomatoes. Scoop out pulp, leaving a shell 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle inside with salt and pepper. Chop pulp and press out excess liquid. Add corn, onion, cheese and bread crumbs and mix well. Spoon mixture into tomato shells. Place filled tomatoes in a well-greased shallow baking pan. Spoon beer evenly over the tops of the tomatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned .
- 12 medium-size fresh, ripe tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 can (12 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups beer
Yield: 12 servings